Old logos of what ? (as in these are the first three logos of the same company)
Tag Archives: Tech
recently we had two quizzes at NIT kurukshetra; Jeopardy, the quiz for first year students, and Brainstrom, the general trivia quiz which was a part of Apex09, the ECE department fest..
so here’s my share of questions from the Jeopardy elims (the easier lot) :
1. __1__ was first introduced in North Carolina in 1898 by Caleb Bradham, who made it at his pharmacy which sold the drink. Known back then as “Brad’s Drink”, it was later named ____1 ___ possibly due the digestive enzyme ____ ____ and ____ nuts used in the recipe. In 1931, the ___1___ Company went bankrupt during the Great Depression- in large part due to financial losses incurred by speculating on wildly fluctuating sugar prices as a result of World War I. Assets were sold and Roy C. Megargel bought the ___ trademark. Eight years later, the company went bankrupt again. __1__’s assets were then purchased by Charles Guth, the President of Loft Inc. Loft was a candy manufacturer with retail stores that contained soda fountains. He sought to replace __2__ at his stores’ fountains after they refused to give him a discount on syrup. Guth then had Loft’s chemists reformulate the ___1___ syrup formula.
2. Saeed Anwar c Laxman, Shahid Afridi c Mongia, Ijaz Ahmed lbw, Inzamam-ul-Haq bowled, Yousuf Youhana lbw, Moin Khan c Ganguly, Saleem Malik bowled, Wasim Akram c Laxman, Mushtaq Ahmed c Dravid, Saqlain Mushtaq lbw, Waqar Younis not out. What is so special about this scorecard?
3. “Keep your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT’S _____.” Who said this about what?
4. X was dyslexic as a child. He attended Jamnabai Narsee School and Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, and Aiglon College in Switzerland. He then went to the U.S. to complete his education at Boston University, but left midway to pursue his current career when his father’s company was facing trouble. The original last name of his parental family is Srivastav, ______ being the pen name used by his grandfather, a well-known poet of Hindi literature. Give me X.
5. Born into a Kannada Madhva Brahmin family in Mysore, India on August 20, 1946, X graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from the National Institute of Engineering, University of Mysore in 1967 after attending government school, and received his master’s degree from IIT Kanpur in 1969. His first position was at IIM Ahmedabad as chief systems programmer. After IIM Ahmedabad, he then joined Patni Computer Systems in Pune. Before moving to Mumbai, he met his wife Y in Pune who at the time was an engineer working at Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd. (Telco, now known as Tata Motors) in Pune. In 1981, he founded Z with six other professionals. TIME magazine’s “Global Tech Influentials” list (August 2004) named X as one of the ten leaders who are helping shape the future of technology.
6. The ____ was formed at Aligarh in the State of Uttar Pradesh on April 25, 1977. Mohammad Ahmadullah Siddiqi, Professor of Journalism and Public Relations at the Western Illinois University Macomb, Illinois, was the founding President of the outfit. It originally emerged as a student wing of the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH). The alliance, however, lasted only till 1981, when ____ activists protested against Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) leader Yasser Arafat’s visit to India, and greeted him with black flags in New Delhi. Young ____ activists identified Arafat as a western puppet, while the senior JIH leaders saw Arafat as a champion of the cause of Palestine. JIH decided to abandon ____ and floated a new student wing, the Students Islamic Organization (SIO).